Colloquay

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Amy1235, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Amy1235 macrumors newbie

I recently made the switch from a PC to a Mac and while I am very happy with it, one of my disappointments has been with Colloquay.

While it is a great IRC client, it is just not the same as mIRC.

For those of you do use Colloquay, do you know of a way to view multiple channels / chatrooms at the same time, without having to constantly switch between the tabs at either the bottom or on the left hand side?

It's one of the things that I really miss about mIRC. There are a few other frustrations that I've had with it, but I would say that this has probably been one of the main ones.

If there is another IRC client that you know of that does have this feature, please could you let me know. Although, ideally I would rather be able to it using Colloquy.

Thanks in advance!

2. jotade11 macrumors regular

It isn't free, but Linkinus is easily my favorite GUI-IRC client. $20 is too bad, anyways. Good investment in my opinion. Test drive it today at your local computer. :p

3. Amy1235 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried the trial version of Linkinus earlier, and there doesn't seem to be a way to view two or more chats at once, like one can do with mIRC. With Linkinus I would still need to constantly switch between each chatroom - which was my problem with Colloquay.

Are there any other suggestions?

4. Zyberdog macrumors newbie

Did you try the "Groups" feature of Linkinus?

It doesn't accomplish quite the same effect as in mIRC, but the "Groups"-feature in Linkinus allows you to view multiple channels at the same time.

There's a shot of it in action on their website .. basicly you just shift+click the channels you want to see, and can then save them in groups, assign shortcuts etc.

http://www.conceitedsoftware.com/images/linkinus2/actionss.png

5. Holbert macrumors newbie

It's actually just $10 in the Mac App Store: Link

6. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

The app is called colloquy not colloquay. And two, colloquy is probably the best irc client for the mac. Sadly, there aren't any good mIRC clones on the mac.