Colloquy? Does it work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SpikeX, Oct 13, 2007.

1. SpikeX macrumors member

I got mine to work, only when I tap "Send" it freezes and crashes.

Here's what my screen looks like:

[​IMG]

The black bar looks really out of place.

Anyone else? Or any ideas how to fix this?

2. adamman41 macrumors regular

what does it do? how do u make more rooms for apps on ipod too do u know?

3. fdmendez macrumors member

I've heard that it works although I haven't tried it myself. If worst come to worse, you can just uninstall it. I haven't encountered any apps that have messed up my iPod permanently and I haven't been able to uninstall so feel free to try it out.

*worse comes to worst

sorry, there's a quite a bit of schmirnoff in me

4. SpikeX thread starter macrumors member

I'm so tired of people hijacking threads with stupid questions like "whats this how do i do this, this isn't working what's wrong with this". :mad:

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Well all that is fine and dandy, it's just when (an example in this thread) they ask questions that don't really have much to do with the thread is for. We are talking about Colloquy and someone asked how to make more room for apps... there is a thread on this topic!

And as far as pertaining to the actual thread, which my quotee forgot to do themself (albiet hijacking the thread in his own unique way, IE people complaining about other people, creating a useless thread count). It seems like it wasn't installed correctly. I would uninstall it first and then reboot, then install it, then reboot and try it out. If it doesn't work I would just uninstall it and wait 'til there is a new version.

I have run into several programs that don't work for me, some more than others. Like the chat client, I finally got it running but it won't connect, so I have just uninstalled it and am gonna wait for an update... remember folks, it's only been a week!

6. rworne macrumors 6502

Well, aside from the send crash above (which I can also do) there is another issue:

When connected to an irc server, typing in your message results in black text on black background.

Aside from those two issues, it works great.

7. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Did you do the uninstall and install? It seems like certain files didn't get put in the right folders.

8. SpikeX thread starter macrumors member

Looking into the matter further, it seems this is a known bug on their Google Code site. Looks like it's up to them to fix it. :(