Colonel Blink-Blink !

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xiovoix, May 20, 2010.

1. xiovoix macrumors regular

xiovoix

G'day all !

I've just had my late 2008 MBP returned after a logic board failure, ahemm!
    Apple were great and with Applecare no financial transaction took place. Thank God ! Anyhow I tested it in the Apple Store and it appeared to have been ok and I now have power back to my machine. Unfortunately 1 day later the screen is blinking intermittingly and have had numerous kernel panics whilst using iTunes, Photoshop etc. I fear another logic board failure ! Should I wait for the failure or request an exchange at my Apple Store. I know I may have to give Apple the opportunity to rectify the problem but I rely on this machine for work as a multimedia producer. Reliability is an issue and using Final cut and flash is not fun with a blinking display. Any thoughts ?:mad:

2. xiovoix thread starter macrumors regular

xiovoix

3. xiovoix thread starter macrumors regular

xiovoix

thanks for everything ! MBP still blinking and havnt brought back yet ! Anyone ?

4. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Is your machine still under warranty ? If it is then you should take it back to Apple immediately.

5. xiovoix thread starter macrumors regular

xiovoix

Thanks GP ! jUST OUT OF WARRANTY :mad:! Anyhow scheduled another genuis bar appointment today and well, well, well wadda ya know. They installed a logic board with a "dead on arrival" graphics chipset. If this repair fails they told me they would replace my machine with a new one. Just hastle ! They are gonna replace the clamshell also. Should save their time and energy and just give me a new one. So far the repairs would have cost me £1400. At least the extra few hundred pound they screwed me for apple care came in handy! Thank god i just took out apple care on my mac pro before the end of it's one year warranty. Ah well just have to wait until Thursday/Friday before I know what's going on. Has put me of buying portable computers a little. Sony vaio few years ago went the same way. Maybe i'm just lucky or it's my electric personality :D;)