color bands feel different

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by phile92, Jun 13, 2015.

1. phile92 macrumors newbie

Anyone else notice the different feelings of the bands? I originally had the white band and it was super comfortable and soft feeling. I recently bought the green band and it definitely feels thinner and more rigid and not as comfortable. your thoughts.....

2. Glene macrumors 6502

3. ivandr macrumors regular

(Disclaimer, I only own one [Black Sport Band] so I haven't personally felt/seen this difference myself)

I do remember reading that the different colored sport bands were actually weighted differently... See the table here. I'm guessing that to achieve the proper color tone for each of the different colors (we all know how exacting Apple can be about color!) they were forced to use slightly different blends of
    fluoroelastomer rubber. The different blends may have a slightly different feel from one color to the other so to hear you say they felt different isn't a huge surprise to me.

4. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

White and black bands feel softer. My pink and blue do feel harder and more plasticky.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

My black band and white band feel different to me. It's quite noticeable.

6. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

I agree. We have a white banded SS at work and the white band feels TOTALLY different to the blue band on my Sport. The white band is definitely less ridged and softer.