Color Calibration for Late 2013 LSN154YL01-A01

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WickedPorter, Jan 29, 2014.

1. WickedPorter macrumors regular

WickedPorter

Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased a late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro (2.3/16/512). Love the machine so far but noticed the screen was pretty "yellow" or "warm" as many have mentioned in various threads here. My display (LSN154YL01-A01) is uniformly warm, no "splotches", and really just looked like it needed some calibration. So, I did just that.

I've attached my calibration for the LSN154YL01-A01. I realize that no two displays will ever be identical (same model number or not) but I hope this calibration will help those with the same display reduce their "yellow" issue a bit.

I ran this calibration with a Spyder4 Express unit three times in a dark room with the MacBook "sitting" on the monitor (back of monitor laying on a flat surface, keyboard/laptop in the air with its weight holding it down) so that the Spyder unit could sit comfortably on the screen and not move.

I think it turned out pretty good. I hope those of you with this model of screen can get some use out of this!

Thanks,
    WP/Nick

Attached Files:

2. accountforit macrumors 6502a

How do you know which display model you have? I need to look that up.

3. WickedPorter thread starter macrumors regular

WickedPorter

I use this command at the terminal:
    ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

However, I understand this only works if you have a dedicated GPU.

4. Boneheadxan macrumors regular

Boneheadxan

Yeah, I too find it a bit too yellow. I don't mind it most of the times.

I gave your profile a shot :D I like it! It's got a slight purple tinge to it, for me, not sure what display mine is.