Color Calibration Issues on 24" IMAC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by logokster, Jun 27, 2009.

1. logokster macrumors newbie

I'm a professional photographer and I use Pictage as my online host for proofing and printing and they recommend I set my monitor at a whitepoint of 6500k, 100 luminance, and 2.2 gamma. I've selected Adobe RGB 98 and sRGB as a starting point for the profile. I calibrate the monitor using the system pref > display > color controls and set everything to the specs. Even at the lowest brightness setting, the IMAC is too bright to achieve the 100 luminance, so I downloaded Shades to attempt to remedy the luminance. And yet although I've set my whitepoint at 6500k, the Eye one display 2 measures my screen at 6000k, and the luminance to 120. Is there an easy way to set my monitor to the specs I need?? It's imperative that the images I edit on my computer screen match the prints that my customers order through Pictage. Please advise!!!

TIA!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've noticed with my iMac 24" that the screen is indeed blindingly bright when it starts up - I have to turn it all the way down, and even then it's still fairly bright to my eyes.

I'm not sure I can guide you down to the specifics you need for your business, but it sounds like you might also consider a second display.