Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nayomi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
Hi,

I'm using a MacBook with intel graphic processor and wanted to take my photographs printed as much accurate as I can.

But the printed output is totally different from the screen output. I choose the calibration option in Display as 'LCD'.

can anyone advise me on how to match the screen color with the printed output?

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
The easiest/best (and most expensive) option is to buy a hardware calibrator that can calibrate your monitor and printer. The infinitely cheaper but maybe not as good method is to download profiles that other people have created for your screen and printer. Personally I have a hardware calibrator for the monitor (Panton EyeOne) and print at labs that allow you to download their printer profiles.

There is a website or software that helps you use your eyes to calibrate the monitor, hopefully someone else remembers what it is.

Netniks

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2003
Ohio
Display Calibrator Assistant

The "Apple way" is to click on "Calibrate..." in the "Color" tab in the "Displays" System Preference panel. Once you enter calibration, check the "Expert Mode - This turns on extra options."

This is an important first step in getting your display closer to what you can expect to get in your prints. There's a lot to obtaining color accuracy - from Photoshop setup to printer calibration, but this is the most accessible place to begin.

While on the subject, does anyone know how to edit an existing calibration file? The problem I have is that I would like to modify an existing calibration based on what my current calibration looks like. I'm unaware of how to make minor tweaks to a calibration, so as to fine-tune what I currently use. I go about half blind starting a new calibration and often find that it overshoots or falls short of what I'd like to obtain.

Nayomi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
The "Apple way" is to click on "Calibrate..." in the "Color" tab in the "Displays" System Preference panel. Once you enter calibration, check the "Expert Mode - This turns on extra options."

This is an important first step in getting your display closer to what you can expect to get in your prints. There's a lot to obtaining color accuracy - from Photoshop setup to printer calibration, but this is the most accessible place to begin.

While on the subject, does anyone know how to edit an existing calibration file? The problem I have is that I would like to modify an existing calibration based on what my current calibration looks like. I'm unaware of how to make minor tweaks to a calibration, so as to fine-tune what I currently use. I go about half blind starting a new calibration and often find that it overshoots or falls short of what I'd like to obtain.

Yes I have done this many a times to match my Display with the printed output. But It doesn't appears to be perfect.

By the way, I was wondering whether there is any issue with the Graphic card of the MacBook (Intel GMA950). Would it give a better output, if I change in to a MacBook Pro?

Please advise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.