Color Calibration Profile for MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Visa, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Visa, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010

Visa macrumors newbie

Good morning, everyone.

So, I just bought a new MacBook and I love it.. but! The screen is far too bright for me. Even at low settings.
    You know the blue bars in iTunes, where the names of the tracks are? They are almost invisible. I can barely see them at the lowest brightness settings.

I just installed Boot Camp with the latest nVidia drivers. I was able to set the contrast, brightness etc. in the control panel window. What a difference! The screen looks absolutely fantastic. I can actually see things without a headache.
    I do want to use Mac OS as my main OS. I tried to play around in calibration preferences but didn't get too much results.

So.. can someone kindly share their profile with me? I have a white, current-generation MacBook :)

2. Visa thread starter macrumors newbie

Nobody? I guess everyone is stuck with the default settings like I am :) Thanks for reading, anyway.

3. lura11220 macrumors newbie

I have the same issues. I have tried everything I could find to reset display and it is now worse than ever. Please someone give me some suggestions.

I bought this mac at BestBuy, will they adjust the display if I take it back to them?

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

I've never had the problems you're describing with a MacBook display.

That being said, you could try SuperCal. It seems to work quite well.

5. chrfr macrumors 603

Check in Universal Access in System Preferences to be sure that you have not accidentally turned up the contrast. It should be set to "normal," not anything higher.

6. yoli macrumors newbie

yoli

Macbook A1181 replacement screen bluish tint - icc color profile needed!

Hello People!

I bought a Toshiba LT133DEVJK00 replacement screen for my late 2007 macbook, and because it's not the one which was used by apple originally, it has a slight blue tint, which is kinda annoying and I haven't found any good profile on the net yet. Also I tried software calibration, but no success, still crap.
    Anyone had the same problem and has now a calibrated accurate profile and wanna share
    It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!