Color Calibration Profiles for 24" ACD? Not sure what's going on

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by puma1552, Oct 8, 2010.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Not sure what's going on here. When I got my 24" ACD, it was absolutely stunning. Perfectly white, and I remember being concerned with it being better looking than my MBP (as I thought it should look better being a dedicated display) and I was very relieved that it had truer whites and better colors than the MBP.

Then Apple released SL, which of course uses a 2.2 gamma. This made the MBP just barely edge out the ACD, but I was fine with that because they were both fantastic.

Fast forward to this week. I reformat and reinstall crappy old Leopard in preparation to swap my laptop for a new one, and now for some reason the 24" display looks way warmer than the MBP.

1) What is going on here? Should I expect an improvement in the ACD when I get the new machine with SL again (in other words does SL carry a different ACD color profile than Leopard)? Even if it does though, that doesn't explain why right now my laptop looks better than the ACD on Leopard since that wasn't the case before.

2) Does anyone have any color calibration profiles for the 24" available to try? I'd really like to try a few different ones and see how they come up. I've found Apple's calibrator to be pretty difficult to use and always end up with poor results.

2. veth macrumors newbie

3. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks, it's a little red for mine but I appreciate it.

FWIW, I got my new MBP yesterday and now the display looks as awesome and white as it did before. Guess it has something to do with the computer...whatever it is it looks great now.