Color Calibrator for 24" Apple LED Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SLR2009, Apr 15, 2009.

1. SLR2009 macrumors regular

Hi the colors on my 24" LED display seem too bright and faded. they look good but I know that they can be much better. My dad's 24" iMac has better color's then my display, I thought that they were supposed to be the pretty much the same? I want the colors on my monitor to pop. Would a good color calibrator do the job? Any help is greatly appreciated

2. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Are you looking for color accuracy or just rich color? The 24'' LED display have real difficulties showing accurate colors. You don't have much choice, search for a display profile on the forum (which you might nor find, the display is quite rare in comparison with the rest of the MacBook and Macbook Pro) or calibrate it yourself using an calibration apps for Mac OS X (It's manual, nothing will be done automatically, so you will have to put at least 5-10 minutes to calibrate, depending of how much you're picky.

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

You might want to take a look at the X-rite i1display2 (best price I found). Not exactly inexpensive, but it works quite well. A search will turn up a few reviews. ;)

Good luck, and I hope this helps. :)

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

something from the spyder series might work for you. I have the spyder2pro. It will work well if you can find one used.. Alternatively the spyder3pro and spyder3elite are available. Same device but more advanced software for the elite.

5. SLR2009 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm looking for whatever will give rich colors to my display. I'm not a graphic designer so the color's don't need to be super accurate. But if accurate color's will make the colors on my display pop then I'm all for it.