Color change.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by usfscaptain14, May 10, 2008.

1. usfscaptain14 macrumors newbie

Forgive me im a noob. But how do i change the color of my pages in safari? I want like black background and white text.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Using this will reverse black to white, but it will also reverse every other color along with it:

Hold all 3 at once

control option apple 8

3. usfscaptain14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Z,,, That's a cool trick and i love it. But man it's like being on LONG STRANGE TRIP. Is there anyway to accomplish simple color changes?

4. mr.light macrumors 6502

Wow. That is really cool! But why is it there? Is there a reason for the need to make a negative of the screen? Or is it just something cool for the sake of being cool. Does anyone know?

5. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

You can do this quite easily in Firefox, not sure about Safari though. Go to Preferences, Content, and click on the 'Colors...' button under Fonts & Colors. Choose your text and background, and deselect 'Allow pages to choose their own colors', and every webpage you visit will follow this color scheme.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's a visibility enhancement for people with visual problems.

To the OP... you want to change all web pages to have a different color scheme? The standard way to do that is to write a userContent.css file and then activate it in the Safari prefs. Alternatively, I'm not sure if there's something in SAFT or SafariStand that might help....