Color conversion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appletvgk, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Appletvgk macrumors member

I have the Gold 6+. I want a black front/screen. Can someone point me in the right direction in doing a color conversion? I have taken phones apart in the past and am confident to do it myself or have someone do it.

Thanks

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You could go to ifixit.com and buy the black front screen for the 6 Plus and do it yourself. However, you will need to transfer over the touch ID as touch ID only works on the one that originally came with.

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Gold and black front would be hot

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yea only if the touch ID button would be black then it would be. Otherwise, You'd have a black front panel with the white touch ID with gold ring. But you could have a black home button but Touch ID would be useless.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Keep the stock gold touchID. That's why it's called gold and black. That would be hot

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

The button would still be white. Is that still "hot"?

7. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I was under the impression that the Touch ID info was stored in the A8 chip not in the Touch ID button. I had my front panel replaced home button and all and my Touch ID still works fine.

8. Shadowbech, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If I'm not mistaken, Touch ID is married to the device. Now if apple replaces the front panel, they will likely transfer over the touch ID button from your defected front panel to the new front panel, maybe this is why your touch ID still works. https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-6-and-6-Plus-Home-Button-Assembly/IF269-006-1

So I guess if you are able to remove the original home button assembly without damaging it, you might be able too, but installing just the new home button itself will not have the touch ID feature.

9. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Yes I'd rock it. Is the touchid interchangeable? Can't he just get another black touchID and slap it I there if it really is a problem.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes but he'd lose the TouchID functionality as it's tied to either the device or the entire front display panel.

11. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's beside the point. Read post #9.

13. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Damn so what happens when the touchID doesn't work? They have to replace the both the touchID and the board? That's not efficient.