Color gamut

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ayasin, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ayasin macrumors 6502

Ok, I'm not an artist. How does 60% better gamut affect me? Does it make colors richer or something?

2. windstarfy macrumors member

windstarfy

I would also like to know. However I don't think anyone would give a answer without someone getting the laptop and reviewing it side by side with a Macbook/Pro

The whole color gamut thing and increased battery life might just persuade me to get the 17" instead, too.

3. toxic macrumors 68000

the monitor can display more shades of colors, basically. helps with color accuracy. you may or may not notice the difference.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Photos and pictures will seem richer and less faded, like you were looking at them with your own eyes in real life.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

the display can output more colors. like, for instance, before it could show up to 1 million different colors, now it can show 1.6 million colors... just making it up.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you had to ask, then you won't notice the difference. ;)

7. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I dont know if its richer, just smoother color transitions. It will look better, you dont have to be an artist to appreciate that, that would be like saying you have to be an artist to appreciate a $5000 HDTV more than a $500 HDTV.