Color iPod Touch? A rumor I need help verifying/denying

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MaryM, Jan 2, 2009.

1. MaryM macrumors newbie

I hate to even ask this, because I follow Mac Rumors fairly frequently, but here goes. Mods, please delete/move this thread as needed.

Someone on a message board I frequent said that colored iPod touches will be coming out soon (she claims her boyfriend is a manager at an Apple store, and it was discussed in a meeting). Thing is, I can't find any info about this, and unless she comes up with some source besides her boyfriend, I'm reluctant to believe any rumor I can't find here.

Is there any basis to this rumor? Could anyone point me to any discussions about this? ARE there any discussions about this? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

People who work at Apple retail stores know absolutely nothing about products before their release. They receive their stock of new products the evening before the day of release so that employees can be trained on them.

3. gjw4u macrumors 6502

4. iOrlando macrumors 68000

bingo...and i dont know your friend but most regulars on this site and other apple sites know more about the rumors/products than apple store workers...

i can see maybe a scenario where the apple workers were talking about possible colors....but not because they were told they were coming.

In time..there will be multiple colors...just not any time soon. Its a good way of pushing product once you feel saturation is nearing...and ipod touch is no where near that point.

5. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

6. thebeesknees macrumors regular

I doubt that it will happen, but if you are willing to pay a ton for a colored iPod touch, you could go here, and you can either send in your touch or buy a new one, and have it colored to an extreme level.

7. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

i actually kind of like the black and silver combo they got goin on. I dont care for colors much. Id like to see a 3 inch x 3 inch ipod nano touch though.

8. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

The colour aspect is more the Nano's 'thing'. I doubt we'll be seeing it extended.

9. kuruvata macrumors newbie

10. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Don't trust Apple Store Employees about future Apple product releases. They don't know anything about it. If you say you browse Mac Forums, and keep in on the rumors, that's a reason for them not to hire you.
    Your goal is to sell as much products as possible, regardless when products are coming out.