Color Issue Please Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TOMIMOT, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

Okay so I'm having a really weird and odd issue regarding the colour and gradients of the pictures on my computer even when I'm on the internet. Its really hard to explain its almost as if the really really black colours are whitening up with greyish pixels. My guess is my blacks aren't in sync? This is frustrating at first i thought it was the program MenuBarFilter to get my menu bar black but when i disabled it via activity monitor the colour issue still persists, You can really see it with the blacks Any recommendations? PLEASE HELP!!!

----------

If you guys don't know what I'm talking about heres an example...I took a screenshot i don't know if you will be able to see, if its just a screen problem or there really is something wrong anyway here it is

[​IMG]

----------

UPDATE: Okay now this is really weird, i rebooted my mac and my colours when back to the way they were suppose to...im almost 100% sure that is weird and not suppose to happen any answers?

2. shootist macrumors regular

No not really weird. Not rebooting the computer is the cause of many problems.

Just why all Mac users think they can constantly put there computers to sleep for days/weeks/months and not have any problems is beyond me.

So from now on try Rebooting regularly. It Just Works.

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I would like to see proof to back your statements. I have left mine sleeping and never reboot unless I am changing things (deleting progs or changing system settings that require it) and never have issues. I have used my systems this way for years and never have issues nor does anyone I know and I am an extreme power user (using several apps and running 2-3 VMs at all times which I also only suspend and not close). As we speak I have 2 months uptime on my mini server that runs 24/7 withouth any user intervention.

4. shootist macrumors regular

The Proof is in the first post. He rebooted and everything went back to normal.

Go figure.

Just because you personally haven't had any problems letting the computer sleep for god know how long doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't.

Don't really see how that is so hard to understand.

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Just because it is not affecting the computer now does not mean it is fixed. How hard is that to understand?

The OP made changes that might not take effect until after a reboot as well, which is what I said, so go figures how hard that is to understand?

Just because the problem is no longer presenting itself has not "proven" your statement that regular reboots are necessary as you have stated.

You have yet to "prove" that the issue would have been prevented if the OP would have rebooted on a daily basis, and you are assuming that the OP has not (although no where in the original post did it state that the OP had not rebooted prior to this incident or on a regular basis, you just assume that to be the the fact).

It is like getting a hole in your tire that creates a slow leak. You don't see it, and it is slow enough that checking the tire pressure and refilling once a week keeps the tire at correct operating pressure. Has the pressure checks and refills once a week corrected the issue? NO! The leak is still there and the only true fix is to patch the leak, not just telling everyone checking and refilling their tires every week will make all things good and avoid all pressure changes within the tire. I know this is not the best analogy but proves the point. Just because action b corrects situation a does not make it a proven correction or cure to having situation a occur repeatedly.

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Do you calibrate your screen. It depends on how critical colour is to you but I would recommend doing it at least once a month. There are plenty of options out there but I use a colorMunki Display. Easy to use on my PC and will still work with my iMac when I get one.

7. shootist macrumors regular

No where did I say it was Necessary. It is just good practice IMHO.
    You seem to have a different opinion. Which is just fine with me.

You have blown my comment totally out of proportion, in your first reply and then again in this last reply.
    I am not sure what BUG you have where the sun doesn't shine but maybe you should see a Professional about it.

Thanks.

8. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

You seem to be the one with the issue, but thanks again for generalizing everything so well. I just asked for proof to support your statement, nothing more and nothing less, of which you gave nothing but condescending responses of "the proof is in the first post", "how hard it is to understand", and the smug "go figure" statement. None of those were proof. When I used the same tones in response to your statement (even using the same statements) then you get all upset and suggest I need professional help, so who really has the problem? I have never made generalizations as to your intelligence or state of mind, yet you have insulted continually.
    Since most of my response was your statements, might want to look in the mirror before passing blame.

Since this is way off topic, I am ending my part here. Have a good day.

9. shootist macrumors regular

Again he Rebooted and the current problem went away.

What more proof do you need.

Why are you such a. You really are not making any sense. Please seek some help.

Or just Get Over It.

10. TOMIMOT thread starter macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

rebooting did seem to fix the colour issue i had, i thought if i posted a screen shot you guys would see it but since you guys obviously can't now I'm not sure if it was my actual display that messed up. I usually reboot my computer once a week and i have never encountered this issue before thats why its odd to me. Im just afraid that this problem will still persist even though it looks fixed after a reboot. Should i take it into apple? or wait it out to see if it happens again. Could have also been a glitch in my system i don't know...

11. shootist macrumors regular

I'd wait to see if it happens again. Did this happen right after waking from sleep or after doing something CPU/GPU intensive?

12. TOMIMOT thread starter macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

no it happened from just waking it from regular use (web browsing, photoshop, etc.)