Color Keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LazzerdKam, Jan 6, 2012.

1. LazzerdKam macrumors newbie

I just jailbroke my iphone 4 on ios 5 a couple of weeks ago and everything has been working great so far. This is my first time jailbreaking so still a lot of things I dont know how to do.

Anyway, I can't get color keyboard to work and I can't figure out why.

The background and the text bubbles change fine, but the actual keyboard won't change from the iPhones stock keyboard. I have tried all of the themes that Color Keyboard already had installed, but they don't work either.

I had a look on Color Keyboards website and there is a note saying: "Previous CK themes was located in /Applications/ColorKeyboard.app/Themes/. But I moved it to /Library/ColorKeyboard/Themes/ in v1.1"

I had a look and I don't have the new folder - am I supposed to make one manually in that folder or move the current folder in applications to the new destination?

Also tried to uninstall the app and then reinstall it, but didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. LazzerdKam thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I really like this app/tweak, but even on iOS 4 it rarely worked as described. I had to constantly respring and select/deselect a theme before any changes finally worked.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

always works for me (ios4-ios5); i love having a black keyboard (fits with my chosen theme)...

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

That was my favorite too - but did you ever have issues with the bottom left and right corners being off colored and not themed?

6. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

have not seen that; am on a 3GS; jb'd from 4.x to current 5.0.1.
    am using the themes included with the app (i.e. Black Original); & i never customized backgrounds...

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I always used preset themes too. I'm wondering if it's because I was on a retina theme. I'll try again when the 4S jailbreak is released.

8. beckz macrumors newbie

Having the same issue

how did you fix the problem?

9. sanjubaby macrumors newbie

Unable to find color keyboard in setting in io7

Hi,
    please help installed color keyboard from cydia in ios 7 but unable to find in settings after installation

please advice
    Thank u

10. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

Wait for MS and iOS7 update.