iPad mini color on ipad mini getting horrible

cooperb21

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
When i got it was fine now after 1-2 months the color is **** in youtube app where color is meant be black it not got some odd tint or differnet color. Most people told me that color was not this bad its worse display i have ever seen on an apple product in my life.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Probably both depending on the outcome. Since it is less than a year old it is covered under AppleCare. You have 90 days of phone support and one year of hardware support.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Probably both depending on the outcome. Since it is less than a year old it is covered under AppleCare. You have 90 days of phone support and one year of hardware support.
What this guy said!

It is common knowledge that Apple has top notch customer service and honor their product warranties as quickly and painlessly as possible, no matter large or small the town you live. Just call 1-800-MYAPPLE and tell them what's going on with your Mini, everything's gonna be alright.

:)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I have seen LCD screens do many things. But I have never seen them change drastically in a month or two.

Judging screen quality via random youtube videos is not exactly what is call a controlled test.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
When i got it was fine now after 1-2 months the color is **** in youtube app where color is meant be black it not got some odd tint or differnet color. Most people told me that color was not this bad its worse display i have ever seen on an apple product in my life.
YouTube updated the app so the left panel your referring to is now transparent not black.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
If your fairly new iPad is not working as it was previously, then yeah you'll need to call apple or take it to an apple store. There's really nothing that can be done by you at home to fix a display that is now causing you problems.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Try saving off solid color photos to your camera roll and look at them to see if there is obvious color differences in different sections of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.