Color printer with duplexing (two-sided printing) recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by winninganthem, Jul 8, 2010.

1. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a printer with the following:

- Color
    - Has automatic two-sided printing
    - Works well with OSX
    - Small footprint is a plus, but not a dealbreaker
    - If it has a scanner that would be nice, but not required
    - I don't really care about wifi printing

I'm going to use the printer mostly to print out reports and long pdf documents. I don't really care for photo printing.

I'm willing to consider both laser and inkjet recommendations. The most I'm willing to spend is around $400, but I'm willing to go a bit higher if it's worth it.

Thanks! :)

2. ryanide macrumors 6502

Canon PIXMA MP990 Ultimate Wireless Photo All-In-One with 3.8 LCD & Auto Duplex

I'm considering this one.
    It is $299 on Apple.com
    Currently on sale at Frys.com for $199, but their sunday ad had it listed for $129 ($170 instant savings)

I currently have a less expensive model and was considering getting this one using Apple's $100 rebate, but the price at fry's is less than the rebate!!

http://www.frys.com/product/6049108?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Full details on features: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mp990

3. winninganthem thread starter macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

I made a purchase before I was able to read your recommendation :p. Ended up buying the Epson Artisan 810.

I really like it, was $200 on Amazon. The duplex printing is great, and the auto document feeder is awesome for scanning many pages at once.

Seems like both the Canon Pixma and the Epson Artisan are competing for the same market haha.