Color Profile for new macbook pro 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cpt. Ahab, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Cpt. Ahab macrumors newbie

Today I went into a apple store and bought myself the new Macbook Pro with 2.8 GHz CPU. I have the 9CA4 screen. Does any one have a color-corrected-calibrated-correction-color-profile for it? All I can find is 9CA3, and those color profiles give very inaccurate results.

So please, anyone with a 9CA4 and screen-calibration hardware upload your profiles! I would be very greatful!

2. Cpt. Ahab thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I answered another person so sorry if you already know how to install it but I attached the file for you, this one looks the best on my MPB

Download the attached file

Go to your download window and click the little magnifying glass to the right of the name and it will take you to where it stored the calibration.

Then drag the SuperCal file on to your desktop ( it should have a wavy shape with colors in it )

Next go to the finder window and click Home or whatever name it has, then go to Library>ColorSync>profiles, when the Profile folder is open drag the file from the desktop to it. then close that down and go to System preferences and click on displays then it should have 2 panels, Display and color, click on color and uncheck "Show profiles for this display only" the supercal should show up and select, your display will change right away.

Any other help feel free to ask!

Attached Files:

4. Cpt. Ahab thread starter macrumors newbie

This looks great! Thanks a thousand! Though I can feel that some of my pictures look a litte bit over-saturated. Is there anyway I can solve this?

5. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

No problem use the search feature here on MR for: " Macbook Calibration " and it will pull up threads that will have that topic, maybe search " Post your screen calibrations " I think that one has alot of them :) sometimes it depends on the screen model which is probably why your getting too much saturation, there should be one in those threads for you.

6. uijesse macrumors newbie

I have to say this looks amazing on my 9CA4 Macbook Pro.

If your looking for a Color Profile for 9CA4, this is the one you want.

7. N-Y macrumors regular

where can i check to see what kind of display i have

8. N-Y macrumors regular

can you take a screen pic of how your desktop looks like now.

btw would this profile look good on a matte screen

9. kolax macrumors G3

Shame the 9CB2 matte display is quite rare.. I guess no one really goes for matte on the 15". A decent colour calibration would be great, default is good, but could be improved.

10. N-Y macrumors regular

how can you find out what kind of display you have

11. 7even macrumors 6502a

I believe the 9CB2 matches the 9CA4. My 9CB1 comes up as the same model number as the 9CA3 panel...

12. kolax macrumors G3

Downloaded the 9CA4 profile in this thread, looks great! Really nice profile. There is a slight tint of blue though - noticeable in Safari's tabs.

Otherwise really rich and deep colours!

13. davidlv macrumors 65816

Open the System Preference - Displays - Color - Color LCD - Open Profile
    Scroll down to the last item (something like mmdel? can't remember!)- you should see the model number there :cool:

14. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I have the 9C9E, anyone have a profile for that display?

15. Greenman85 macrumors regular

does anyone have a bunch for all of the different displays? my buddy has an older macbook and an older macbook pro

16. N-Y macrumors regular

17. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

I as well. I second the request for a profile for the 9CB1.

18. N-Y macrumors regular

can someone take a screen pic of how the new profile looks on there computer, im wondering if changing the profile is a big change for the better

19. Greenman85 macrumors regular

you couldnt see the effect because your color scheme would be different. it wouldnt matter.

20. 7even macrumors 6502a

I would suggest trying a few of the 9CA3 profiles. I use one. They're pretty much the same panel:
    9CA3 = LP154WP4-TLA1
    9CB1 = LP154WP4-TLB1

21. PVIllustration macrumors member

here's another with the 9CB1 matte screen. I'll try a 9CA3 profile and post here what I think of it..

Cheers

EDIT: just tried the 9CA3 profile that bcaslis posted in this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7792331&postcount=57

It contains two profiles, and the first one definitively has a yellow tint to it, but the other one (with "native 22" in it's name) look rather good. Slightly better than the one I did myself just using the OSX calibration method. it would be nice with a few other good ones to compare against.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone with a 9CB1 matte screen and professional equipment would do a proper calibrated profile. ;) :D

For now I'll be using bcaslis profile. Looks great.

cheers,
    Peter

22. 7even macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I think that's the exact one I'm using too :)

23. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

WOW thanks for that profile! Looks crazy good on my 9cb2!!

24. BlackZ macrumors member

BlackZ

25. Merlyn3D macrumors regular

Both of those don't look quite right, the colors seem washed out. I did one in the dark using OS X's built in calibrator and came up with this:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9565390&postcount=3

I'd love to know if it works out for you guys, it really seems to make the icons and colors pop on my MBP.