Color Profile will not change, keeps defaulting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drewsof07, Dec 15, 2008.

1. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Every time I try to change my color profile on my Unibody MBP less than 2secs later, color returns to the stock "color lcd" profile.
    Also, this has been an issue since I received it and was not changed with the 10.5.6 update today.
    Help is greatly appreciated, thanks :)

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Never seen this before. Maybe it's a permission problem? Where is the profile you are changing to and what the permission on it? Maybe if you don't have read permission this might happen. But I've never seen this behavior in using Mac OS X since 10.0.

3. drewsof07 thread starter macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I just dropped them into /Library/ColorSync/Profiles where I normally do. Also does this with the stock config color profiles as well as the calibrated ones I have downloaded. Weird huh?
    I'll repair permissions and see if that helps any.

4. stevemiller macrumors 65816

do you have 'shades' screen dimming software installed? i use shades, and i have the same issue if i try to change colour profiles with it running. shutting it off temporarily while you switch profiles is the solution in that case. if you're not running shades... maybe consider if you have any other utilities running that would be constantly drawing something on the screen.