Color Profiles in QT?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by decksnap, May 6, 2008.

1. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I'm having some issues coming to terms with the fact that Quicktime seems to embed a color profile in my movies when I export them. I'm not convinced I want it to do this, because they all end up looking washed out. Playing the same movie back through a program that respects color profiles (Safari or QT) vs a program that doesn't (Flash or Firefox) makes them appear completely different.

Is there any way to disable embedding color profiles in Quicktime exports? Or any hints how I can make this an advantage instead of a detriment?

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

There are many people better qualified to answer this than me, and I bet there is a way to produce a color profile that will address your situation, but I've got to throw in my $0.02. Why are you worried? sRGB is the standard color profile for the Web as defined by the W3C. If it appears washed out on someone's computer, that's their fault. Any new LCD planel coming out honors sRGB in Windows and OS X, so it's only going to be people with older LCDs and CRTs that are a problem.

3. decksnap thread starter macrumors 68040

decksnap

Because I don't want to have to switch color profiles just to export a video. And... they look washed out on my screen. I'm running dual ACDs calibrated for print work.