Color ridiculously off in Aperture 2 exports

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Shacklebolt, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Shacklebolt macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

So, have noticed that I've got a huge damn problem with my Aperture exports, and looking for some input.

My MBP screen is pretty cruddy after almost 6 years, and it's only in hooking it up to an external monitor that I get an _accurate_ rendering of the brightness of a shot. Crazy.

But more crazy is that, accurate monitor or not, whenever I export a photo to a JPEG, it is always, 100% of the time, over-saturated -- way more saturated than it appears in the Aperture editor. It's gotten to the point where I just have to manually desaturate every image I want to export via the saturation slider in order to get it to look the same as it looked in Aperture. Then I have to open the photos with Preview to see how they've come out.

Is this a problem with Aperture 2? What am I missing?

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

What are the export parameters? and are your shooting raw or just jpeg?

3. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Do you have "Onscreen proofing" turned on? Check View > Onscreen Proofing. If it's on, TURN IT OFF.

Onscreen proofing lets you modify the display within aperture to match certain output conditions. It could match how it appears on a specific printer, or in CMYK on a certain type of press, etc. I'd say it's the most likely cause for the view in aperture to look different from an export.