"Color" settings - its gone all blue? Any help?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by XP Defector, May 15, 2008.

1. XP Defector macrumors 6502

I shoot with Nikons, using sRGB. I put the color thing in as Nikon sRGB - on one hand in aperture, my photos look a bit better, but everything else (OSX UI, app UIs etc) have a noticeable blue 'tint' to them - whats going on here? Is this normal?

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Sounds like you have changed the monitor profile so your photos will look more accurate on screen but everything else will change as well so it will look different.

You may have to manually play with your screen calibration to set a compromise between good looking images and everything else.

Think of screen calibration as placing different filters over your monitor screen to affect changes on colours etc. Obviously doing this will affect everything not just aperture images.

3. XP Defector thread starter macrumors 6502

That's a shame, you'd think apple would offer some solution to this, maybe just apply it to image files. Oh well, so there's no way around this but to compromise a little?

Thanks

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I'm no expert in this but have a basic understanding of it. Its not an Apple thing its a general thing for all monitors. Its like adjusting the colour on your TV set. If you think the sky is too blue and reduce the blue then the grass will go yellow.

Thinking about it see if Aperture has an independent colour management setting. I use Photoshop and it allows you to change colour profiles within Photoshop so only Photoshop files are affected. Aperture is a pro app so I'm guessing (I've never used it) that it will have this feature.