Color Swap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geemiller05, Nov 3, 2017.

1. geemiller05 macrumors 6502

I know this question was beaten from every angle prior to release. However, some have had time with personal devices or display models. Any desire or second thoughts about your initial color choice? I went space gray. Nice and stealthy. Basically jet black. Unfortunately, I played around with the silver one in store and man oh man does it look premium! That cloudy white back and pure silver-looking band looks amazing! Kinda want to switch!

2. Revels macrumors member

I went to the Apple Store today and I'd still be happy with either.

It's basically Sophie's Choice.

3. barkomatic macrumors 601

That's the disadvantage of ordering online based on pics and videos--nothing replaces seeing the device in person. I ordered a space gray which will arrive today or Monday.

My plan is to go the Apple store and check out both colors on display in person. If I really like the silver over the space gray I'll just return mine unopened and order the silver. No way am I paying so much money to compromise on the color. It's no big deal to wait 3-4 weeks to get exactly what I want.

4. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

In pictures the white and chrome does look nice and shouty, but my past two phones have been white and in official cases. Regarding the latter point, my X will be in a case too so it's largely a moot point. I loved the stealthy black look of my girlfriends jet black 7 so I've gone for space grey. The darker band means the part of the phone that's seen at the bottom won't stand out so much.

As I've read on here really, with a naked phone or clear case, white and chrome stands out if that's what you want. Anything else, space grey all the way.