Color sync trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by paieye, Feb 18, 2016.

1. paieye macrumors regular

I recently tinkered with Color Sync in a misguided attempt to make a PDF file more legible. The attempt has left my display colours over-vivid and with exaggerated contrast.

How do I restore the default colours, please ?

2. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

Try going into System Preferences/Display/Color and check to see if the color profile has been changed. If it has, all you have to do is change it back to the default color profile.

3. paieye, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016

paieye thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, but I already know that the profile has changed. What I do not know is how to get back to what it was. I have reinstalled the operating-system in the hope that this would cure it, but no. Just a moment ... I've done it ! System Preferences, Accessibility, slide Display Contrast back towards Normal.

4. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with my last comment. What you have to do is change the color profile back to the preinstalled one called Default. Just select that one in the Display Color menu, it will be buried in with quite a few other preinstalled ones. When you reinstalled the OS, did you by any chance use a backup or is it a completely vanilla install?