Color

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Bonsai1214, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Bonsai1214, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

Anyone using this yet? It would appear that I'm the only one in my apartment complex using it.. haha. The interface is confusing at first, but eventually you get the hang of it. Its actually very intuitive once you understand what symbol does what.

My test of this app is to go to the Student Union tomorrow at lunch time and see if anyone is using it. Either way, its a solid way to share photos online, if nothing else.

Not sure what they spent the $41m on though.. $350k for the domain name and what else...

2. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Got it today. Haven't played with it too much but I'm confused so far. I'll look more into it tomorrow. I'm interested to hear how your student union lunch goes.

Cheers.

3. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Useless crap. Just goes to show that the Bubble v2.0 is here.

4. Bonsai1214 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah.. went to the SU at 1. In line at Moe's, decided to give it a try. no other users :(

5. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Shocking! :D An app that requires other users to be running it at the same time, and be within physical vicinity while doing it. Now, THAT is the business model worth $41M investment. Not.

6. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

7. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I like the design. They need to widen the area search for a while, like maybe to the entire state :) so they will gain some connections and social interaction.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The design is way to minimalistic for the vast majority of users. Also, it doesn't seem like you can upload a geotagged picture after the fact. :confused:

NOT impressed so far.

9. Bonsai1214 thread starter macrumors 6502a

they need to bump it up to at least a city wide radius i think. the concept i good, but unfortunately it relies entirely on user participation.

10. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I would suggest that they do a wider radius for less populated areas and a narrower radius for the big cities.

11. LifeInLoFi macrumors member

LifeInLoFi

Agreed.

I'm not impressed with Color. Last night, I seemed to be the only Color user in the Fort Worth Arts District using the app. Color needs *a lot* more users to be fun and worthwhile.

Despite its flaws, Instagram has the numbers. Even picplz seems to have more users than Color. Why do I need another social photo app again? Especially one where most of the time I'm in a network of one.

=M=

12. Bonsai1214 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, after reading a bit more about the app and the team behind it, it seems that the tech behind the app is actually much more substantial than the concept of the app itself. I can see the tech used in Color being applied to other apps and different concept to make them a lot better. after all, the CEO did say that the company was much more than a photo sharing company.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Try Instagram. It's seems to be more interested in photo sharing.

Color seems to be more about finding out where people are so they can use that information with advertisers...more like FourSquare. It feels more like you're being used by the company. Instagram feels more like you're just sharing photos.

14. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Yea I read that article above and out of curiosity I tried the Color app - OMG! I can normally work out how to use any piece of software but jeez, that do the buttons do, it seriously needs proper hints and a user manual. It currently deserves the 1000's of 1-star ratings as it's impossible for most people to figure out what they are supposed to do with it.

15. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I'm willing to give it time and hopefully the developer hears this message.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just another social media app getting in before the bubble bursts.