Colored Apple bumpers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by headcheese, Oct 1, 2010.

1. headcheese macrumors regular

Now that the case program is over, do you think that Apple will begin producing/selling the colored bumpers again? They had to have noticed the outrageous amounts of money that people were getting on eBay, Amazon, etc when they stopped selling them and now want to corner the market again.

What do you think?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Honestly, I would be happy if Apple stores just simply started carrying 3rd party cases like they did with the 3GS. I'm sure we will see the color Bumpers soon though.

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Actually, 9to5mac.com is reporting all Apple stores today have all colors in stock for sale in store!

4. headcheese thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting...

5. reebs macrumors 6502

I love apple bumpers but wondering of I should pick up any of the other colors. I have a white and black one. The black one fits great, nice and snug and doesn't move around but my white one is somewhat loose and I feel it shifting sometimes especially at the top where the sleep/wake button is. I already did the boiling thing and it picks up color and gets dirty way too easily. Does anyone have input on fit and picking up color and dirt on the other bumper colors?

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

For the price I would suggest giving the Case-mate Hula a try if you're after color. They have nine colors available and they are a bit slimmer than the Apple Bumper plus you get front and back film protection. Just reviewed it too and Iv'e got the Apple Bumper as well :D

8. reebs macrumors 6502

Thanks for the review. My concern with the hula is that the rubber part wears off easily and that it picks up color easily from your jeans/pants pocket. Can you give us an
    Update after a few weeks use? It's hard to go wrong with $19.99 plus extras though!

9. stephensays macrumors member

I can confirm apple is carrying colored bumpers in stores... still $29.99. I was hoping they'd drop the price a little...:rolleyes:

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Iv'e been using it for over a week and so far I did not come across any issues with the rubber.

11. rleepremier macrumors member

I second the bumper confirmation. All colors available. Only at your local apple store though. No walmart or AT&T.

12. ufcfighter macrumors 6502

You are right. It sucks because the closest Apple store is about 250 miles away and you can not order them online yet either. I have pretty much gave up on metal cases so rubber it is.

13. rleepremier macrumors member

Just stopped by my local apple store and try had rows of bumpers in every color. I feel bad for those on bay who paid all that money for white bumpers. I saw a post where someone paid $150 for a white bumper.

14. Jasperjax macrumors member

Jasperjax

I can confirm as well that my local Apple Store was fully stocked with not only with the Bumpers but all of the cases that were offered in the free case program.

15. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

Has any one here had any luck exchanging a sealed black bumper for a colored one at an Apple store? I had purchased a black bumper when I got my phone and then received another one through the free case program. I got my order in the first day so I ended up with a black bumper sealed in the retail packaging. I'd like to take it to an Apple store and exchange it for a colored one without a receipt.

I have never done a return at an Apple store so I do not know how they handle them. Is there anyone with Apple store return experience that can give me any info on if I'll be able to accomplish my exchange?