Colored dots on my Macbook Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Milhouse86, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Milhouse86 macrumors newbie

I have some strange colored dots on my screen that will not go away. The weird part is that they are not stuck in place but seem to be shadows that are not coming through the right color. I am new to macs so if someone could tell me how do take a screen shot I will put it up so you can see. Does anyone know how to fix this problem??

2. Milhouse86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Screen Shot

Here is what my screen looks like. But those dots do not stay there like dead pixels.

Attached Files:

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Don't see anything in that picture.... it's probably dead pixels. Go back to the Apple store and get a replacement.

4. Hierotochan macrumors member

5. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Something like that happened to me last week when iDVD crashed. I had a ton of yellow pixels on the desktop. It's almost as if a color in my wallpaper had been swapped with yellow. Strange though, if I brought up an image and moved it around. Those yellow dots moved with it. So that confirmed that it was not pixels on the desktop, it was a color problem. Just as an experiment, I tried to toggle my screen resolution up and down as a way to refresh the display. That interim blue screen that is displayed showed perfectly until my desktop picture was again displayed. The yellow dots still appeared. I figured iDVD left something in a bad state when it crashed. (It was my fault, I accidentally deleted some project assets while I was still encoding.) I took a screen shot, viewed it, and confirmed that the yellow pixels displayed on the screenshot. I then rebooted. The problem had gone away, and the yellow dots did not appear on the screenshot. May have been VRAM corruption or something. I hope it's not a sign of things to come, or that my video card has gone south. Nevertheless, a reboot fixed it. I hope I never see that again.

6. Milhouse86 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is that or pay for the movie to take her. At least at home I can sleep on the couch.

And they are not dead pixels because they seem to follow a pattern in only certain photos and movies.

7. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

Did you ever figure out what this was? I have the same problem right now, but have yet to find a solution

8. dxta0 macrumors member

dxta0

i hope your not talking about the dots in the wallpaper

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Haha, for reals. I had to load up that wallpaper real quick just to make sure those were the "stars," and they are...

10. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

lol, no. the pixel-like things towards the top of the screen

11. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Can you circle them or something on the OP's image? The only dots at the top I see are the desktop picture stars behind the semi-transparent menubar.

12. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

ha! sorry, it was actually MY screen that had the dots. for whatever reason, the yellow spots that are usually on my desktop's top bar, were transitioned to the center of my screen where his screenshot popped up--making it look as though he had the same problem I have. sorry about that.

here's mine http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=676037

13. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Oh...yeah, that looks pretty nasty. Give Apple a call, and hope for a good resolution I suppose