Colored iPhones

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
if iphones were avail in any color which would you choose? i was helping my daughter with homework and had a 64pk of crayons and thought hmmm an iphone would be nice in this certain color. just wondering because i feel as though the 5c colors are horrible and childish looking

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Childish colors? not really.
Manly machine colors? possibly!

Really, they are just colors. Quite neutral.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
if iphones were avail in any color which would you choose? i was helping my daughter with homework and had a 64pk of crayons and thought hmmm an iphone would be nice in this certain color. just wondering because i feel as though the 5c colors are horrible and childish looking
Color conversions are possible, obviously not with OEM parts though. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'd love an orange iPhone that was the same material as the iPhone 5.
Not burnt orange or Tennessee Vols orange…like an in-between.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'd love a Product Red version, but otherwise black or white are enough for me.

An anodised red iPhone though would be amazing!

That red looks good on the iPhone, but I don't care for the white offset. For me, I'd like it to be all red with a silver trim around the outside.

cambookpro

Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
That red looks good on the iPhone, but I don't care for the white offset. For me, I'd like it to be all red with a silver trim around the outside.
Would you want the glass to be red though? I think that may just look a bit weird, as the shades will never match, plus it's glossy and matte surfaces that could conflict.

Maybe red and black instead?!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Would you want the glass to be red though? I think that may just look a bit weird, as the shades will never match, plus it's glossy and matte surfaces that could conflict.

Maybe red and black instead?!

The black looks much better. I kind of forgot about that being glass in the few spots. So with that said, I'd like to see Apple make an aluminum model, all red, with silver or black trim and buttons with a black glass front. That would be my desire.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.