Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
So I got my 12 Pro Max on launch day and everything has been great. Last night I accidentally turned my camera on while it was on the desk and saw these colors lines towards the top of the screen. It only appears when you cover the camera up completely. The camera still takes great pictures during the day and in low light including nigh mode. These lines only show up when the lense is completely covered. Is this normal or is my camera defective? I was actually able to grab a screen shot of the colored lines towards the top left.
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 0F14F912-A659-4961-A86B-81D6213A4F97.jpeg
    0F14F912-A659-4961-A86B-81D6213A4F97.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 307

Next Stop

Suspended
Nov 28, 2020
So I got my 12 Pro Max on launch day and everything has been great. Last night I accidentally turned my camera on while it was on the desk and saw these colors lines towards the top of the screen. It only appears when you cover the camera up completely. The camera still takes great pictures during the day and in low light including nigh mode. These lines only show up when the lense is completely covered. Is this normal or is my camera defective? I was actually able to grab a screen shot of the colored lines towards the top left.
Thanks for any help!
Defective. Light leakage in camera assembly. Crack or transparent glue used in camera module assembly. Or maybe sensor defective. Software also...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.