Colored stripes appearing randomly 12" macbook 2015

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pjny, Oct 7, 2015.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

hi,

I noticed some horizontal colored stripes appear randomly across different parts of my screen on my macbook 12 screen. Not sure if this is a defect, a el capitan issue, or software. They appear for half a second or less. never had this issue and have had the mac shortly after it was released.

i also have el capitan on my macbook pro and no issues like this it is connected to a big monitor.

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Usually a sign of a bad graphics card, connector, or lcd. Call Apple or take it into a store.

3. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. It happened a couple of times, once when i just opened laptop from sleep mode. hasn't happened today since i got on my computer for the last hour how will i convince apple to fix/replace if i cant show them problem.

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I find Apple support to be quite good, and unlike most other tech support they don't generally make me go through all of their simplistic flow charts to reproduce problems that I have already troubleshot. That said, they probably can run some diagnostics for you to help confirm the problem.