Colors and brightness is too vivid

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ranman444, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ranman444 macrumors newbie

Not sure what happened to my iMac but My young son was fooling around on it and somehow the colors are not right. Everything seems to rich/bright. What are the factory setting for color and resolution that came with the Imac. Or what do people recommend as the best settings and how does one go about changing. I appreciate any help. Thanks

2. kolax macrumors G3

Depends what size of iMac you have, that determines the native resolution. But select the highest available resolution from the list. Colour is 32-bit.

Check you haven't messed around with the contrast found in System Preferences -> Universal Access.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Sorry, I can't post any color calibrations from here (Im using a MacBook)

But I suggest you immediately go and mess around in the "Color" section of System Preferences. (SysPrefs -> Displays -> Color) and try other calibrations that already exist, or just make your own. It will take awhile to get it right, but that would be the first thing I would do.

Oh and if anybody reading this thread has some good calibrations that they can post for the OP, please do :cool:

4. ranman444 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there that seemed to help. Thank you. I have the 20' iMac. What a great forum.