Colors and fonts looking wrong after displaying Macbook on 32" LCD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by XheartcoreboyX, Sep 9, 2009.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

I am trying to connect my 13" unibody Macbook to my brand new LCD Samsung TV with the following situation:

-Cables: Apple's Mini display to DVI and DVI to HDMI cable.
    -TV: 32" Samsung LCD HD 2mp - 1920 x 1080 @ 60HZ.

The only settings that does work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anything else shows this:

[​IMG]

Could it be a faulty DVI to HDMI cable? even though the lowest resolution works?!

Any help would be appreciated..I really need to get it work..

UPDATE::

I got the DVI to HDMI cable replaced and now my macbook does display on the big screen, however i am having a problem with colors and fonts looking weird..

Beside playing with the settings on the monitor, is there anything that I can do on the Mac itself? or any apps to modify these settings?

thanks for any help!

2. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

I did try to mess with the refresh rate, but with no luck, i still get this colorful fuzzy screen...:(

Could it be the cable even though it works at lower resolutions?!

3. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Anyone?

I tried to search a lot, but no other thread mentions these funky colors that I get..

4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

5. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

It just shows the Samsung panel again, the TV "sees" the Macbook and does view the image, but as you can see, it's all noisy and with a lot of colors..

Does that mean that i need a new DVI to HDMI cable?

6. Masters512 macrumors member

Masters512

What inputs does your samsung TV have? for me, im using an LG with DVI and HDMI in but i just use the DVI and it runs full 1080p and everything, if you don't have DVI on the samsung, you REALLY REALLY want to make sure you are using the correct DVI cable since there are several different types of DVI (google for more info on that ;) ), that's pretty much the only thing i can think of that would be causing that problem, otherwise, make sure the TV isnt messed up by using something else on it

7. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

I am using an HDMI input, as said in OP, two cables:

mini to DVI then DVI to HDMI >> TV HDMI port

The cables connect perfectly, doesn't that mean that i am using the right cable?!

8. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Update:

I got the DVI to HDMI cable replaced and now my macbook does display on the big screen, however i am having a problem with colors and fonts looking weird..

Beside playing with the settings on the monitor, is there anything that I can do on the Mac itself? or any apps to modify these settings?

thanks for any help!

9. TheDude23 macrumors newbie

Fuzzy Fonts and strange colors

Hello everyone, after spending half my saturday trying to figure out my problem I wanted to share it. After connecting my macbook pro with mini-dvi-to-hdmi and hdmi-cable and deactivating overscaling (selecting Scan-Only) on my Samsung-tv everything looked fine first, but I noticed that the fonts were fuzzy and almost unreadable (as hough they had wrong resolution) and the colors were too bright and contrast too enhances.
    Digging through the tv manual I noticed that the solution was to plug-in the hdmi cable into the right hdmi-port (hdmi port 2 and not 4) and to rename (!) the input source in the tv menu from hdmi2 to PC.

Only then it recognized that a "PC" was connected and now I have a crystal clear image and fonts. Hope It help many others with the same crappy issues.

Regards.