Colors Change Randomly in OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pintsallround, Sep 11, 2008.

1. pintsallround macrumors newbie

I noticed yesterday that the colors on my MBP seemed really washed out, and It became apparent because I do a lot of photo editing on CS3. Whenever I click on the "Display" tab in Sys Prefs, the colors go back to normal, but only for a few moments, and then go back to the washed out color. The setting is on "color LCD", which I guess is the default, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I recently started using an external monitor, and noticed the color different after I disconnected it for the first time yesterday, so I'm thinking this might have something to do with the issue.

Also, only about 20 min ago, the ColorSync Utility popped up giving me this message:

Searching for profiles...
    Checking 42 profiles...
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/CoatedFOGRA27.icc
    Tag 'desc': Tag size is not correct.
    Verify done - found 1 bad profile.

But whenever I try to repair it, it fails:

Searching for profiles...
    Checking 42 profiles...
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/CoatedFOGRA27.icc
    Tag 'desc': Tag size is not correct. Could not be fixed.
    Repair done - 0 out of 1 profiles fixed.

I tried looking for the CoatedFOGRA27.icc file in the Adobe folder, but it's not even there. The only two folders inside of the Color folder are "Proofing" and "Settings", both of which are empty. So I'm wondering if maybe this file got deleted or something and somehow it's messing up my colors.

I should probably add that the weird contrast is affecting everything (games, internet, desktop/dock, iPhoto, etc.) and is not just an isolated incident.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea what to do anymore. Thanks

2. StephenFleming macrumors newbie

This probably ISN'T your problem, but in System Preferences, go to Universal Access and make sure "Enhanced Contrast" is set to Normal.

Mine got screwed up once, and I thought my LCD was dying. Worth the five seconds to go look. Good luck!