Colors on display are... fading?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wiccat, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Wiccat macrumors newbie

Hi, I've got a weird problem going on with my macbook pro. I've had it a little over a year and it's just recently started doing this. Normally, the color display is fine, but increasingly, when I scroll down in any web page or document, the text and image colors would start fading. When I run my mouse over text links or click to a different application and back, the colors return to normal.

I've tried checking google and a few posts on this forum, but I'm not sure I'm searching using the correct keywords, cause I haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? My warranty has already run out, so I hope it's nothing serious.

Here is a screencap of what it looks like after I scroll down. I had just run my mouse over the links near the bottom to give you an idea of the contrast in colors before and after.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Wiccat/temp/Picture4-1.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Don't see anything wrong with the screenshot.

Links are different colours to indicate which pages you have visited.

3. Kleivonen macrumors member

Don't hit and run. Upping at less the 5kb/s is not good.

Screenshot looked fine to me though.

4. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

I see it, it's a color variance between "Gallery - Meetups and Events" and "Gallery - Photostories" (for example)

It's just the way your browser is rendering the colors. Different browsers render colors differently (than the OS). Try disabling that theme and see if it fixes it and also try using Safari instead to see if there's a difference.

Another possibility, is that the Firefox 3.1 Beta? If so, then it really wouldn't surprise me if it was rendering colors differently.

5. Wiccat thread starter macrumors newbie

Kilamite: I haven't clicked any links on that webpage though, just hovered the mouse over them. For some reason, that makes the color of the text go back to normal. The longer the webpage is (further there is to scroll), the grayer the colors get as I go.

Kleivonen: I don't. Transmission just drops uploading and/or downloading randomly every couple of minutes. Happens on uTorrent on my desktop too. It's probably Comcast's fault.

sporadicMotion: Thank you! At least I know I'm not going crazy now. Or colorblind. I haven't changed anything, been using Firefox since I bought this laptop over a year ago. I tried using Safari, and Firefox stopped doing it. It's so odd, I hope that means it's cured?

6. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

It probably is "cured". It's just a silly software issue... I get the same way where something stupid and small bugs me.

7. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

did you click on those links?

screenshot does not indicate a problem with the display, at least hardware wise.