Colors washed out in 1st party apps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Flash69, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Flash69 macrumors member

Upgraded to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s and I don't like the colors they decided to use. To me the colors all seem to be washed out. I was distracted by something in messages and had to get my son's iPhone 4 with iOS 5 to figure out exactly what they changed. Seems they changed the colors in almost all 1st party apps.

I personally think the old colors were much better.

Anyone thing we can get Apple to change it back? Steve Jobs would have NEVER allowed these washed out hues!

I also don't like the color changing status bar.

2. Flash69 thread starter macrumors member

Wow... I am the only person that does not like the new colors.

3. mattymo macrumors newbie

nope, I don't like them either... it's all awkward. especially mail. with a different color header (light blue) i feel like there's something trying to tell me something

music player too... don't like the grey/white.

I don't understand why there just can't be a light/dark theme option for the whole phone, hell, or even color schemes... It's like the 1st party app teams didn't talk to each other about what colors to make stuff.

4. pullfocus, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I don't mind the changes, but it's the inconsistanacy that is off putting.

The dial pad is grey and blue at the top, but in a call, the old color scheme shows up. Odd.
    The music app doesn't bother me color wise, but the fact that the volume slider is off center bugs me.
    I know, all little, nitpicky things, but still.

5. musika macrumors 65816

musika

I agree. I noticed this in the betas and hoped it would be fixed by release.

I love the matte colours in the UI. I just wish it were consistent, and it really isn't. Which kinda sucks.

6. mattymo macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think it's the lack of consistency that does it for me... which is why I really liked the iphone over anything else all these years, it was fairly uniform across the platform... now it's getting a little "Myspacey"

even the different looks of the results from siri are weird... the wolfram alpha stuff, now the sports scores, movie listings are all with their own little "look" while cool and all, it's just not all uniform.

meh I'm sure they'll tweak some things with the .1... but probably not. haha

7. Flash69 thread starter macrumors member

I just noticed that the fonts seem to be softer also. If you have 2 iPhone 4/4Ss compare the calendar main screen between iOS 5 and 6. On 6 the font is definitely softer. It could be because of the washed out colors but I can see a difference between 3 different phones.