Colors when printed muted

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rhett7660, Feb 26, 2008.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello..

I have the following printers:

Canon i860
    Canon s9000

When I print an image, the image is very muted. The colors are not correct. I have a calibrated monitor so I know the colors on the monitor are correct. I downloaded the latests drivers for Mac OS X. Is there anything I need to do???

Thanks

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

This may seem pretty basic, but the same thing happened to me last weekend. I had just put in new ink cartridges, so could not figure out why the print was so bad. In desperation, I put in yet another new cartridge, and everything is fine. Apparently the first new one was defective. I have intentions of contacting Canon to see if they will recitfy this. So, maybe your ink is depleted or you have a bad cartridge?? I had a bad one!

3. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Along with the calibrated monitor, are you using ICC profiles to set which printer/paper combination you're using? And are you printing from a color-managed app like Photoshop/Lightroom/Aperture?

Skybolt could very well be correct if you have a fully color-managed workflow - it probably is either a bad cartridge, or one or more of your inks are running out (that can easily alter the colors in an image.)

Hope this helps,

-Bryan

4. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello again..

Checked and replaced all the ink. Printing from within photoshop cs3. I will check to see if I can find the correct ICC profile. Thanks and I will report back.