Colors wrong

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by baddj, Oct 17, 2010.

1. baddj macrumors 6502

Hello,

I have a MacBook5,1 and when viewing some webpages and using photoshop some light gray colors look like a light orange. what does that mean. also the macbook is out of warranty.

a html color code for eg that comes up orange like that should be a very light gray. #FBFBFB and when i plug in an external display it does the same.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What colour profile are you using? Check in System Preferences > Displays > Color.

3. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What about choosing another profile (deselect "Show profiles for this display only" or calibrating the display? Does that change anything?

5. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried using the other ones that are listed but they make the screen very blue, and well calibrating it also does not fix it.

6. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

7. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

I have used some of them tools but i can never get it right. the light gray mainly this color #FBFBFB it seems to stay orange like no matter what i do.

I tired to take a photo but because its a very light color its does not show up on the cam.

8. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

Does any one know could it be a software issue or hardware? I tested this with some MacBook Pro's and iMac's at a reseller and found them todo the same thing.

(here is a page that will have a box with the color i am talking about, it should look like a nice clean light gray. but on the mac's i looked at make it look more of a yellowly orange like color.

http://kavsi.com/color.html

(note it is a very light color so you have to look hard ;)

9. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

10. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried a number of them i also used software to help make them but still no luck also that link i posted that very light color that makes a box is it a very very light gray for you or is it orange like?

11. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Looks grey to me, whether with the default profile or my custom profile (JC Display set to 2.2 gamma).

12. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

After been in the city and playing with the file i uploaded to my site, on all the Mac's at at the 2 resellers. I have found that the Macs using the ATI its fine and all the Macbook's and Macbook Pro's using the NVIDIA GeForce its not fine.

I even showed the rep that was there and he was like wow, we both had a play with the color profiles and after a little while he went out the back to make a phone call and when he came back he told me to go to http://apple.com/feedback and click on the Mac OS X and file a bug report. So i have done so and have put a lot of information regarding this.