Colorsplash app on iPhone for OSX?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by downingp, Jul 19, 2009.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    I am not sure if this is the right section to ask this question, but I will ask anyway.
    I recently downloaded an app on my iPhone called Color Splash. Its a great little app as I am sure a lot of you are aware. Anyway, I was wondering if there was an application on the mac that will allow me to do the same thing. I was looking into Pixelmator and a few others and was wondering if any of these applications will work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. M-5 macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2008
    You can achieve this effect with many photo editing programs. Just open up the photo, copy it, and paste it over the same photo so there is a duplicate over it. Change the top layer to Black&White. Then grab an eraser tool and erase the top layer (The Black&White layer) so that the layer that is in color will show through.
  3. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

May 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Yes.....but does anyone know of an application that works similar to Color Splash but on the computer?
  4. M-5 macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2008
    . . . Photoshop can work very similar to Color Splash to achieve the same effect. Just use layer masks.
  5. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Apr 25, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    There are two so far in the Mac App Store that's I've found: Colorize and iSplash.