ColorSync Issue in 10.6.3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jedivulcan, Mar 29, 2010.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

Just a curiosity I guess. I installed the Combo Update for 10.6.3 on two different Mid-2009 MBP systems (13" and 15") and ColorSync reset. I managed to switch the color settings back... but does this happen to anyone else.

I went overkill and changed it back... reset PRAM and SMC... then ran some cache cleaning in Onyx.

Both machines were previously on 10.6.2 and generally keep them about the same (as far as software goes).

Need for concern? Anyone else with similar issues? Normal?

2. flapperdink macrumors member

mine reset itself, too. it looks like they made modifications in that part of the code...hopefully this hiccup was an oversight and they didn't miss anything in the implementation. :confused:

3. davidcmc macrumors regular

I've noticed something different in the colors of the system. In my opinion, they're hotter, and I like it that way.
    Curiously, that's the same color profile that appeared in 10.6.2 when it was at the login screen. After logging in, the system changes to a colder color profile.
    Now, after updating to 10.6.3, the system has a hotter color profile before and after the login screen.

I prefer it this way. The colors are more vivid, intense and even the transparency in context menus is more transparent than before. :D

Just a curiosity: How did you reset to the old color profile (10.6.2)?

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I definitely think they corrected something here. Ever since I moved to 10.6 my color has been just a bit off. Recalibrating the display didn't help. I noticed my profile reset after this update as well, and when I switched it back, I had the same color I had with 10.5.

Glad to have the more accurate color back...

5. DualShock macrumors 6502

6. Queso macrumors G4

Same here. But all I had to do was go into the System Prefs>Display panel and reselect my profile off the list. It instantly went back to how I'd previously calibrated it.

7. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

The update actually fixed my monitor's default profile.

8. Cubytus macrumors 65816

I have a similar issue, the profile is the default one, but the calibrated one is not listed at all. However, it's still at the right place.