ColorWare Now Offering Apple Magic Keyboard With Numeric Keypad in Dozens of Colors

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

ColorWare, a company that custom paints a wide range of electronics and Apple products, is now offering a custom-painted version of the Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.

ColorWare has offered a customized Apple Magic Keyboard for some time, but the Magic Keyboard with Keypad, which was released back in June, is a new addition as of today.

[​IMG]

As with other ColorWare products, the keyboard can be painted in one of several different colors, with both solid and metallic paint options available in a rainbow of shades. While some products support multiple colors, Apple's keyboards can only be painted in one uniform shade, though there are options to choose a gloss or matte finish.

[​IMG]

The Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad costs $129 from Apple, but ColorWare is charging $259 for the custom painted version, a premium of $130. Magic Keyboards with Keypad ordered from Apple are currently not shipping out for 5 to 6 weeks, but ColorWare seems to have some stock as the site lists a three week shipping estimate.

With the Magic Keyboard with Keypad delayed from Apple, there has been some speculation that a refreshed version could potentially be released alongside the iMac Pro in December, but we won't know if that's true until later this year.

Article Link: ColorWare Now Offering Apple Magic Keyboard With Numeric Keypad in Dozens of Colors

2. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

I think a Magic Keyboard with Magic Trackpad built in would be better and something I would buy colored.

3. peterh988 macrumors 6502a

So that's where the supply ended up. Selecting a numeric keyboard added 5 weeks to the iMac order last time I checked.

4. nvmls macrumors 6502a

nvmls

5. wolfshades macrumors 6502

wolfshades

Apple products are generally expensive enough. Don't know why anyone would want to spend another $130 to get them in special colours. I'll be curious to see how their sales do.

6. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

The colors look great. I have always wanted to try out a colorware product. BUT I feel as if the paint would rub off.

7. dwman macrumors 6502

dwman

When you have more money than sense.

8. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

9. caryhartline macrumors newbie

caryhartline

Right now you can buy a color-customized Xbox One Elite Controller for $264 from ColorWare. This isn't out of the ordinary for the company and they have shown that people are willing to buy it.

Some people buy nice dinners, some people buy fancy clothes. There are some that pay extra for a professional paint job on their favorite tech.

10. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Someone could say that about that 2016 Macbook you mention in your tagline. Someone. Not me of course, but someone as judgmental as someone else judging what someone else would be willing to spend to customize their keyboard and mouse.:rolleyes::p:D

Your pocket, their pocket, and my pocket aren't equally filled. Perspective.;)

11. 0098386 Suspended

I can imagine those looking pretty good in the right room. I’d be tempted but I imagine it’ll cost an additional fortune to ship to the U.K.

12. Zoboomafoo macrumors 6502

I don't know, if you think about it, people spend tens of thousands of dollars on something they'll use far less. If you find delight in having a colored keyboard, something you likely will use just as much as, if not more than, your bed? Go for it. YOLO.

13. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

Like Apple used to offer with their laptop screens... :p

14. fairuz macrumors 68000

fairuz

It'll also last longer than any computer. Probably 10 years before it's worth buying a new one.

15. dwman macrumors 6502

dwman

It was meant purely as sarcasm. I should have made that more clear in my post.

16. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

I forgot all about those screens. Apple has a way of making a change that gets a lot of negative feedback then we forget all about it.

17. David@007 macrumors newbie

David@007

Hmm i don't think anyone would be much interested in buying this if it's just the regular keyboard with colour options! People may want to buy it if it had fiberglass touchscreen embedded in it.

18. Swampthing Suspended

Swampthing

LOL. That's kind of impossible... you might want to better acquaint yourself with their coloring methods. :rolleyes:

19. groovyd Suspended

groovyd

I got both the mouse and keyboard in glossy black and it looks perfect. Have no had any issues so far with it rubbing off after 6 months now. A bit ridiculous price but they really do a great job on it.

20. jakespeed macrumors member

I had a first gen iPhone painted by ColorWare. It didn't show much in the way of scratches after a year of use..and definitely no chipping or rubbing off. At least 10 years ago their paint quality was top notch.

21. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Man companies see us apple fans and fools who are easily parted with their money..... now I say this , and ironically sales are probably going well ...... :(

22. Vjosullivan macrumors 6502a

Vjosullivan

It’s a lot better than having less money than sense.