Colorware?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Mac.User, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Mac.User macrumors 6502

Has anyone used Colorware?

I'm thinking of (if a 12in Air is really released) ordering one and having Colorware make it flat black.

I'd love to hear reviews.

2. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

They do amazing work, but their pricing is way to high for 99.9% of the people I've seen discuss them here.

Having said that, I've never heard a complaint from anyone who spent the dough...

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have seen it on an iPhone 5. Looked real smart. They had it done in a metallic burgundy. Spent over $300 with the shipping to have it done. So I can only imagine what it would cost for an Air. Looked great, but not sure I could justify the cost, unless I had money to burn.

4. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

Yes, it does look impressive. But an MBA as a fashion statement:confused:

Lou

Attached Files:

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Colorware is like a tattoo, can't undo. There are plenty of covers (temp tattoos) that will make your Mac looks different without commitment AND cheaper to boost. But hey if u got the dough and you REALLY like flat black go4rit.

6. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

All of the actual, non-"artist's rendering" photos i've seen of colorware hardware look pretty bad. It basically looks like they just painted a macbook with glittery spray paint. I think it would be great if Apple offered their computers in different colored annodized aluminum.