Colorwared iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bsmsam, Jul 26, 2010.

1. bsmsam macrumors member

bsmsam

So, I was impatiently waiting for the white to launch.. since some time last year.. and have given up. I planned on colorwaring a black iPhone 4. After getting off of the phone with Colorware, I'm a little nervous.

-Does anyone know if the phone becomes too thick for cases? (specifically an Incase slider.)

-Does using a hard case cause the paint to chip?

They recommended I use a soft case. The slider would just be for any time I needed something a bit more "formal," while I'd probably use the free clear Belkin case or a clear SwitchEasy otherwise.

Thanks for any input. (input on colorware + a case, not on how stupid it is to get my phone painted. thanks.)

2. reliantj macrumors 6502

$250 paintjob?
    i wish i had that kind of money to throw around haha.
    best looking broken glass i'll ever see.

3. wroblewski.ryan macrumors newbie

If you are going to get it Colorwared, what is the point of putting a case on it? Nobody is going to be able to see the sweet paint job if you cover it up. I would recommend no case if you are going to spend all that money to get it custom like that.

4. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

If you're gonna spend 250 anyways, send your phone to iResQ and get them to put a white faceplate and backplate on it.