Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordynicholls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
I got an apple watch with the blue leather loop but I've noticed the colour is faded really bad, and you now see a sort of black type plastic behind it.

I'm wondering would the apple store do anything?

Qqueenie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2015
Baltimore, MD
I got an apple watch with the blue leather loop but I've noticed the colour is faded really bad, and you now see a sort of black type plastic behind it.

I'm wondering would the apple store do anything?

If it's an official apple leather loop I'm sure they will replace it for you. Bring it in!

Qqueenie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Do they replace watch straps under wear and tear though?

You wouldn't expect the leather to fade under normal wear and tear; that sounds like a defect to me. Some people have had issues with black Apple sports bands peeling, and Apple has replaced those.

If Apple doesn't replace your band, I would seriously question the value of spending so much money on a genuine Apple product compared to a third party band. The added value is in the quality and the fact that apple generally stands behind their products.

Definitely curious to see how this works out!

Samh92

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2016
U.K. Essex
You wouldn't expect the leather to fade under normal wear and tear; that sounds like a defect to me. Some people have had issues with black Apple sports bands peeling, and Apple has replaced those.

If Apple doesn't replace your band, I would seriously question the value of spending so much money on a genuine Apple product compared to a third party band. The added value is in the quality and the fact that apple generally stands behind their products.

Definitely curious to see how this works out!

Didn't know they replaced them, good to know. How badly does the strap have peel before they replace it though?

Qqueenie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Didn't know they replaced them, good to know. How badly does the strap have peel before they replace it though?

I don't know the answer to that. I'd assume any peeling is a sign of a defect and justifies replacement but I have a third party black sport and haven't had that issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.