Colour Management

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SayCheese, Sep 15, 2009.

1. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Can someone please recommend me a colour management device? I was looking at the Pantone huey but am not sure if it is the best.

I don't really want to spend hundreds and would like one that has the ability to work with two monitors as some point soon I am looking at getting a second screen.

I don't think that my monitor is that far out but I am in the process of editing some 100 or so shots from a wedding and need to know that what I adjust them too is what the printers (Photobox in this case) will print them as.

Suggestions?

Thanks

2. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

I just bought the spyder2express. Works fine. Cheap. Not too fancy software though, and with a minor hack it's possible to calibrate multiple screens.

3. jampat macrumors 6502a

I have had both the Monaco Optix XR and Pantone Eye One LT and prefer the Pantone. Both work, but they do produce slightly different results (both calibrated results were much better than uncalibrated). It mainly came down to prefering the Pantone software.

4. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Just curious if you are using this on an LED screen at all?

5. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

yes, MBP4,1 (and a Sony LCD tv )

6. = bluntman = macrumors regular

7. sarge macrumors 6502a

sarge

Am using Spyder too and it works well for me. I have the Pro version which allows for multiple screen calibrations while I believe the standard version will just do a single monitor.

8. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

I use a Spyder 2 Express for about $65 and it works great.

There have been many complaints about Hueys that they leave, well, a pinkish hue. I'm not sure whether this issue is fixed or not, I don't have personal experience with their products.

9. SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, I hadn't heard that, however this is why I am asking. To get people opinions and find out what is the best.

10. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

There have been several threads like this one, but perhaps they have the problem under control now. In any case, I'm very happy with my Color Spyder …

11. SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know this is an old thread. However after reading the advise here and a few reviews elsewhere I have today placed an order for a Spyder 3 pro.

Thanks all.

12. DourceDom macrumors newbie

Colour Management

Mine is an SX, my bumpers, fenders etc are fine, there are no chips or anything, i know plenty of SX owners and they dont have that problem with the colour coded bumpers, Where did you hear this from ???