Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shanner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Hello!

I'va scanned some transparancies into photoshop and I want to print them out using a HP inkjet printer.
I'd like the quality to be as good as possible, especially colour-matching and I imagine little mistakes in settings throughout the process could mean drops in quality.
Can anyone think of things i should be looking out for, or places where I'd have the opportunity to modify things for the best results?

Thanks!

ugh...

Color matching can be a real pain in the arse.. Frankly (and I work as a designer), I've never had much luck on my home systems and ink-jet printers and scanners whenever I try to introduce Colorsync into the picture. Most home printers seem to work well printing RGB images, so I'd keep them that way,make sure your monitor is calibrated as well as possible (search for "SuperCal" on Versiontracker) and use the factory settings on all else.

Trying to get exact matches will be frustrating. Try to accept getting close enough! - j

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.