Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hi there,

my brother has a macbook. We also have a sony bravia 46" tv. We are connecting the macbook using the mini vga plug then getting a vga cable to connect from that to the bravia. The colour used to be fine but now (can't take a picture as im not at my brothers condo) its has like a tint of blue over everything and the colours are messed. Like the colour for Powerpoint icon is brownish instead of orange.

I hooked up my powerbook g4 and the colour is perfect, so i know its not the vga cable, or the vga plug, or the connection to the tv, and the tv is fine.

I checked system preferences with colour profile and so forth but everything is identical to the powerbook. Also the colour on the macbook display itself is fine.

I have another monitor to check the macbook on but it wont be for another week as im at my parents.

Does anyone know why the colour is messed? i have downloaded all updates from apple as well.

Thank you.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
I don't really have an answer to that, but just FYI, a television is not a computer display. A 46" HD television is exceedingly low resolution to be used with a computer. Only good for making presentations or something from a distance.

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
I don't really have an answer to that, but just FYI, a television is not a computer display. A 46" HD television is exceedingly low resolution to be used with a computer. Only good for making presentations or something from a distance.

i only use it to watch videos from my macbook on my tv screen.

It is annoying that colour is messed up. I don't understand why its like that.

edit- okay i did some research, and i can describe the colour mess up as somewhat like a blue tint/hue (i'll try and post a picture tomorrow), i found some fixes that i'll try tomorrow but the thing is, i don't think they will work because its not the macbook display itself that is messed up, its when i use an external monitor that the blue tint/hue shows up. Any ideas? is something faulty inside my macbook? i still have applecare, should i use it then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.