Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoda_four

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Hey just wanted to know if anybody is experiencing this or has a solution. I recently updated my MacBook (core Duo, 1.83 ghz, white) to 10.4.10. For some reason, it will no longer display properly. I'm getting the right resolutions, but when I have thousands or million of colours, the screen is extreme washed out and quite white. When I bring it down to 256, the colour works properly, but of course being 256, it's not very nice to look at and creates a grainy effect. Help please?

Note: Tried to get a screenshot, but of course, it's a display problem, and a screenshot doesn't "grab" what I want it to, as the picture changes when I change the display settings.

clicq

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2006
I suspect that either the color profile for the LCD changed in the update, or somehow another color profile is selected. Can you go into Displays in System Preferences, and under the color tab, make sure you have "Color LCD" selected? If you do, you can try calibrating it to see if it changes anything.

Apple did change the profile (maybe) in 10.4.8, though I haven't heard anything about a change in 10.4.10. You could try using the old profile from pre-10.4.8 to see if that helps (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304534)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.