Colour profile on my Macbook Air and Lion

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by imagea, Sep 12, 2011.

1. imagea macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Air (2011) with Lion and i have a question concerning the colour profile.

When I open (with iPhoto or Acdsee or Photoshop Elements) a photo (jpg format) that I take with my Canon Eos 40D the colours especially the red are horrible. I test with this photo but is the same with all photos:

http://www.imagea.org/mac.jpg

If in the Lion I go in the Control Panel - Monitor – Colour the “LCD colour” profile is selected. Like this:

[​IMG]

If I try to change and select the “sRGB IEC61966-2.1” profile the colours of the Mac finder change (are colder) but the colours of my photo are now perfect. Is normal? I can’t have the colours of Finder and of my photos both perfect in the same time? I need manually change the profile every time I work on my photos ? :confused:

Note that if i open the photo in Photoshop and remove the colour profile from the jpg file, save and reopen with the "LCD Colours" monitor profile the red is now perfect. ! :confused:

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Try using Mac Help up in the Menu Bar. Search for "Color Profile" and "Monitor Calibration" You will get lots of information in your native language.

I had trouble with reds like that when I shot in jpeg. I use RAW file format in the camera now and edit with Aperture3. PhotoShop Elements will edit RAW files, too. Give that a try.

Dale