Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bilbo--baggins

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
UK
The published toner life of the 2605dn colour cartridges is 2000 sheets at 5% coverage. Ours is reporting something like 23 pages printed, 65 pages remaining, 74% remaining. We make sure that any black and white pages get printed as black and white to avoid wasting colour toner. On the rare occasion when we print in colour it's usually just an invoice with a small amount of text and a small logo at the top of the page, probably around 5% coverage.

Does anyone have any idea why we're getting less than 10% of the intended prints?

One thing I read is that calibration uses toner - and ours calibrates itself dozens of times per day. We hadn't changed the default settings - and it was set to calibrate every 48 hours. I have no idea why it seems to calibrate so often. We have the latest firmware and drivers.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I believe you can turn off calibration via the control panel (the web based one).

As with your toner usage, have you tried taking the cartridge out and try to re-shift the toner by rotating the cartridge without spilling the toner?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.